- To introduce the different aspects of Food Technology through a series of short focused tasks.
- To assess and develop a student’s ability to design and make.
- Students will be able to identify common ingredients and understand how they work.
- To introduce methods of preparation and equipment used in the kitchen.
- To design and make products to a high standard, and be proud of their achievements.
- To recognize danger in the kitchen.
- To work in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To weigh and measure correctly.
- Recognize the nutrients that food provides.
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses in their work.
- Trial adapted recipes.
- Evaluate their practical work.
- Be proud of their achievements.
- Recognize the importance of selecting a balanced diet.
All the recipes have been devised for the particular Year group, with the aim of developing their practical skills.
We will have discussed the recipes in class, but please feel free to adapt or change the recipe if you wish.
Year 7 - Healthy Lunch Box
Year 8 - Quick, Easy, Balanced
Year 9 - Breakfast Snacks
Poster - Balanced Diet
Healthy Eating Plate
Year 7 Practical Skills
Year 8 Project
Health and Safety
Golchi Dwylo from Ysgol Bromorgannwg on Vimeo.